Chain letter plea
SIR - I am in complete agreement with Councillors Roger Giles and Claire Wright over the proposal to spend �1,500 on a new mayoral chain, especially in the current climate when so many families are having to tighten household budgets quite drastically in order to keep their heads above water.
If there is a spare �1,500 of public money available, then spend it on something to benefit the community. The skate park still needs funds as do the Ottery Help Scheme, just two of the many community projects that could benefit from the cash.
Hard-pressed families will not be impressed by what most would see as frivolous spending of public monies.
Mrs S Visser
Ottery St Mary
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club