SIR - Having lived and worked in this town for 45 years, I feel ashamed to read that people are defacing signs at Costa Coffee and criticising what they call chain stores.
So let’s take away all the chain stores in Sidmouth and see how you all get on.
Off the top of my head I can name the following:
Boots, Lloyds Chemist, All of the banks and Building Societies, Waitrose, Lidls, Tesco, Fat Face, Jimmy Greens, Holland & Barrett, virtually all the pubs; I could go on, but won’t bore everyone with any more, but there are plenty. All of these stores do an important job with their national advertising to bring people into the town and provide an excellent service.
By the way, three cheers to Jennifer Corrick for her two letters, putting into words what I was thinking.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat