Choirs’ standing ovation said it all
On behalf of the Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth I would like to thank all who supported our Saturday concert given by the male voice choirs of Budleigh Salterton and Ystrad Mynach, which raised just over £1,100 for Arthritis Research UK.
The choirs presented a most varied and beautiful programme of 27 items – from opera through to more modern songs from popular musicals, some with such harmonious arrangements, creating a very emotional atmosphere.
They were ably guided by their very accomplished musical directors and talented accompanists.
The evening was brought to a close with the rousing rendition of Morte Criste by Emrys Jones, when the choir was joined by some talented male singers from the audience.
The standing ovation said it all, and we left the church with wonderful melodies ringing in our ears and hearts.
You may also want to watch:
President of Sidmouth Inner Wheel
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support