Choirs’ standing ovation said it all
On behalf of the Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth I would like to thank all who supported our Saturday concert given by the male voice choirs of Budleigh Salterton and Ystrad Mynach, which raised just over £1,100 for Arthritis Research UK.
The choirs presented a most varied and beautiful programme of 27 items – from opera through to more modern songs from popular musicals, some with such harmonious arrangements, creating a very emotional atmosphere.
They were ably guided by their very accomplished musical directors and talented accompanists.
The evening was brought to a close with the rousing rendition of Morte Criste by Emrys Jones, when the choir was joined by some talented male singers from the audience.
The standing ovation said it all, and we left the church with wonderful melodies ringing in our ears and hearts.
You may also want to watch:
President of Sidmouth Inner Wheel
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid