Choirs’ standing ovation said it all
On behalf of the Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth I would like to thank all who supported our Saturday concert given by the male voice choirs of Budleigh Salterton and Ystrad Mynach, which raised just over £1,100 for Arthritis Research UK.
The choirs presented a most varied and beautiful programme of 27 items – from opera through to more modern songs from popular musicals, some with such harmonious arrangements, creating a very emotional atmosphere.
They were ably guided by their very accomplished musical directors and talented accompanists.
The evening was brought to a close with the rousing rendition of Morte Criste by Emrys Jones, when the choir was joined by some talented male singers from the audience.
The standing ovation said it all, and we left the church with wonderful melodies ringing in our ears and hearts.
You may also want to watch:
President of Sidmouth Inner Wheel
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout