Citizen of the Year Wally gives thanks
- Credit: Archant
I would just like to thank all those lovely people who supported my nomination for Sidmouth Citizen of the Year.
It is one of the loveliest things that has happened to us as a couple. Without my Maureen I’d be nowhere, she’s brilliant.
Plus, none of this would have happened without the close support of Celia Monck on the ‘Joanah’ and her husband Peter, our ‘roadie’, and general factotum.
I’d also like to pay tribute to the many, many people I’ve known over the years, who work tirelessly for a myriad of charities, but who do it completely anonymously.
I can’t understand that at all, surely you’ve got to have your picture in the Herald.
You may also want to watch:
And finally, the Sidmouth Herald, a major part of team Sidmouth. Be lucky.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout