Citizen of the Year Wally gives thanks
- Credit: Archant
I would just like to thank all those lovely people who supported my nomination for Sidmouth Citizen of the Year.
It is one of the loveliest things that has happened to us as a couple. Without my Maureen I’d be nowhere, she’s brilliant.
Plus, none of this would have happened without the close support of Celia Monck on the ‘Joanah’ and her husband Peter, our ‘roadie’, and general factotum.
I’d also like to pay tribute to the many, many people I’ve known over the years, who work tirelessly for a myriad of charities, but who do it completely anonymously.
I can’t understand that at all, surely you’ve got to have your picture in the Herald.
You may also want to watch:
And finally, the Sidmouth Herald, a major part of team Sidmouth. Be lucky.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections