Citizen of the Year Wally gives thanks
- Credit: Archant
I would just like to thank all those lovely people who supported my nomination for Sidmouth Citizen of the Year.
It is one of the loveliest things that has happened to us as a couple. Without my Maureen I’d be nowhere, she’s brilliant.
Plus, none of this would have happened without the close support of Celia Monck on the ‘Joanah’ and her husband Peter, our ‘roadie’, and general factotum.
I’d also like to pay tribute to the many, many people I’ve known over the years, who work tirelessly for a myriad of charities, but who do it completely anonymously.
I can’t understand that at all, surely you’ve got to have your picture in the Herald.
And finally, the Sidmouth Herald, a major part of team Sidmouth. Be lucky.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Chiefs beaten by a powerful second-half from league leaders
- 9 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 10 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas