Clear as day!
SIR - On Tuesday, August 2, a walk/litter clear along the River Otter footpath from Otterton to Colaton Raleigh produced a large bag nearly full of general rubbish, bags of dog poo, masses of unpick-up dog poo and a couple of recyclable plastic bottles – all in just one and a half miles.
A further clearance will be made (by me!) from Colaton Raleigh to Newton Poppleford and from Otterton to Budleigh Salterton on the riverside footpaths.
Don’t the parish councils of Otterton and Colaton Raleigh organise clearances?
Must it be down to the random clearance by volunteers? Pull your fingers out, councillors.
You may also want to watch:
41 Ashley Crescent, Sidmouth
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary