Clear as day!
SIR - On Tuesday, August 2, a walk/litter clear along the River Otter footpath from Otterton to Colaton Raleigh produced a large bag nearly full of general rubbish, bags of dog poo, masses of unpick-up dog poo and a couple of recyclable plastic bottles – all in just one and a half miles.
A further clearance will be made (by me!) from Colaton Raleigh to Newton Poppleford and from Otterton to Budleigh Salterton on the riverside footpaths.
Don’t the parish councils of Otterton and Colaton Raleigh organise clearances?
Must it be down to the random clearance by volunteers? Pull your fingers out, councillors.
You may also want to watch:
41 Ashley Crescent, Sidmouth
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal