Clear as day!
SIR - On Tuesday, August 2, a walk/litter clear along the River Otter footpath from Otterton to Colaton Raleigh produced a large bag nearly full of general rubbish, bags of dog poo, masses of unpick-up dog poo and a couple of recyclable plastic bottles – all in just one and a half miles.
A further clearance will be made (by me!) from Colaton Raleigh to Newton Poppleford and from Otterton to Budleigh Salterton on the riverside footpaths.
Don’t the parish councils of Otterton and Colaton Raleigh organise clearances?
Must it be down to the random clearance by volunteers? Pull your fingers out, councillors.
You may also want to watch:
41 Ashley Crescent, Sidmouth
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council