Cliff danger - time for a barrier to save lives
SIR - Please don’t let there be a tragedy in Sidmouth. After the recent death of a young lady in Dorset, could our beach at Pennington Point be closed?
People do not take notice of warning signs, as I experienced a few years ago, when I warned a young family of the dangers of sitting under the cliffs.
Unfortunately they took no notice and just said it was the only beach they could take their dog on.
Clearly visitors do not realise the extreme dangers they put themselves in.
Please could there not be a barrier erected to avert a tragedy happening again.
You may also want to watch:
Evelyn Lankester 10 Summerfield, Sidmouth
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park