Cliff danger - time for a barrier to save lives
SIR - Please don’t let there be a tragedy in Sidmouth. After the recent death of a young lady in Dorset, could our beach at Pennington Point be closed?
People do not take notice of warning signs, as I experienced a few years ago, when I warned a young family of the dangers of sitting under the cliffs.
Unfortunately they took no notice and just said it was the only beach they could take their dog on.
Clearly visitors do not realise the extreme dangers they put themselves in.
Please could there not be a barrier erected to avert a tragedy happening again.
You may also want to watch:
Evelyn Lankester 10 Summerfield, Sidmouth
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view