Cliff danger - time for a barrier to save lives
SIR - Please don’t let there be a tragedy in Sidmouth. After the recent death of a young lady in Dorset, could our beach at Pennington Point be closed?
People do not take notice of warning signs, as I experienced a few years ago, when I warned a young family of the dangers of sitting under the cliffs.
Unfortunately they took no notice and just said it was the only beach they could take their dog on.
Clearly visitors do not realise the extreme dangers they put themselves in.
Please could there not be a barrier erected to avert a tragedy happening again.
You may also want to watch:
Evelyn Lankester 10 Summerfield, Sidmouth
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts