Cliff falls - attend tonight’s meeting to call for action
Madam - Residents of all parts of Sidmouth and visitors to the town, both British and foreign, have expressed to me their dismay that, despite the destruction of Pennington Point and the eastern cliffs following massive erosion over the past six months.
Madam - Residents of all parts of Sidmouth and visitors to the town, both British and foreign, have expressed to me their dismay that, despite the destruction of Pennington Point and the eastern cliffs following massive erosion over the past six months, there is still no visible sign of coastal protection to the town, bridge, path or cliffs in this period.
At present, the link between the World Heritage Coastal Path to the town via the Hangar Path and Alma Bridge is very much at risk as is the danger of flooding of the Eastern Town in the event of severe South Easterly storms. In the past week the National Trust have re-routed the World Heritage Coastal Path link via Alma Field to a route through their own higher field because of these concerns.
I would ask that all those people who share such concern and wish to see an agreed strategy for action, attend the meeting arranged for this Friday May 1, at 7pm at the All Saints' Hall, All Saints' Road, Sidmouth, when you can meet people who share your same strong feelings as well as hearing the opinions of some of our local councillors.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank