SIR - I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported the local Sidmouth Committee of Macmillan Cancer when we held our World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall last Friday.
The morning raised �300, which was very good considering there were 16 other registered coffee mornings taking place in and around Sidmouth all on the same day.
My grateful thanks also go to all the ladies who made and donated cakes and to Vinnicombes and Baraza for their cakes. Grateful thanks must also go to Celia Monck and Wally Cotgrave for their super “busking”, which brought a smile and encouraged people to join us for a coffee and chat.
Now one in three people are being diagnosed with cancer and, without holding events such as this, we would not be able to raise funds as we do, which go a long way to helping people who have cancer or have had cancer. Macmillan is there from diagnosis right through to rehabilitation, not only do we provide medical support, but also emotional, practical and financial support.
For anyone who might require any of these services or might want to talk to someone about their concerns or worries, there is a free phone line, please call on 0808 808 00 00. Thanks once again
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller