Concerned for us
I have known Stuart Hughes for many years and one of the things that can be said of him is that he obeys the dictates of his own conscience.
He has the reputation of being the man to approach if you want to get something done, as the interests of Sidmouth and Sidmouth people are his prime concern.
I spent a few years working with Stuart on the town council where, I must confess, I earned something of a reputation for not slavishly following preconceived ideas but made up my own mind how I should vote.
I had the opportunity to stand for election to East Devon District Council but decided against doing so as I could not bring myself to accept the principle of obeying a party whip.
So, what is my opinion on the Stuart Hughes issue? I feel that the electorate have chosen to vote for a candidate to speak his mind on their behalf according to his conscience and not slavishly follow the dictates of other persons who tell him what to vote.
You may also want to watch:
But we are assured that this is not the issue.Hmm.
Frank J Hayward
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out