Concerned for us
I have known Stuart Hughes for many years and one of the things that can be said of him is that he obeys the dictates of his own conscience.
He has the reputation of being the man to approach if you want to get something done, as the interests of Sidmouth and Sidmouth people are his prime concern.
I spent a few years working with Stuart on the town council where, I must confess, I earned something of a reputation for not slavishly following preconceived ideas but made up my own mind how I should vote.
I had the opportunity to stand for election to East Devon District Council but decided against doing so as I could not bring myself to accept the principle of obeying a party whip.
So, what is my opinion on the Stuart Hughes issue? I feel that the electorate have chosen to vote for a candidate to speak his mind on their behalf according to his conscience and not slavishly follow the dictates of other persons who tell him what to vote.
You may also want to watch:
But we are assured that this is not the issue.Hmm.
Frank J Hayward
- 1 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 2 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 9 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 10 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek