Congratulations to Sidmouth!
SIR - My daughter and I returned home from a four-day break at the Royal Glen Hotel recently.
We would like to congratulate the Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and its members on a very well-kept town centre, with every sign of a thriving commercial community.
We thought all the shops were well presented, with well-kept facades, giving a very good impression.
As we were staying half board and explored the surrounding area, in spite of the unkind weather, we cannot claim to have spent a fortune in your shops, but we tried to support them. The whole town was so busy and it was a pleasure to travel back in time, when people shopped locally, not in monopoly, out-of-town supermarkets. Long may your success continue.
I can easily see why Sidmouth is so popular. We live in Bournemouth, which has its own character.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Downer (Mrs)
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd