Congratulations to Sidmouth!
SIR - My daughter and I returned home from a four-day break at the Royal Glen Hotel recently.
We would like to congratulate the Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and its members on a very well-kept town centre, with every sign of a thriving commercial community.
We thought all the shops were well presented, with well-kept facades, giving a very good impression.
As we were staying half board and explored the surrounding area, in spite of the unkind weather, we cannot claim to have spent a fortune in your shops, but we tried to support them. The whole town was so busy and it was a pleasure to travel back in time, when people shopped locally, not in monopoly, out-of-town supermarkets. Long may your success continue.
I can easily see why Sidmouth is so popular. We live in Bournemouth, which has its own character.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Downer (Mrs)
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary