Congratulations to Sidmouth!
SIR - My daughter and I returned home from a four-day break at the Royal Glen Hotel recently.
We would like to congratulate the Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and its members on a very well-kept town centre, with every sign of a thriving commercial community.
We thought all the shops were well presented, with well-kept facades, giving a very good impression.
As we were staying half board and explored the surrounding area, in spite of the unkind weather, we cannot claim to have spent a fortune in your shops, but we tried to support them. The whole town was so busy and it was a pleasure to travel back in time, when people shopped locally, not in monopoly, out-of-town supermarkets. Long may your success continue.
I can easily see why Sidmouth is so popular. We live in Bournemouth, which has its own character.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Downer (Mrs)
- 1 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 4 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 8 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth