SIR - I wish to thank Valerie Bettag for her kind, generous offer to be the first customer to enter the new Sidmouth store on the opening day and donating �100 to the Costa Foundation, which is a charity that supports the coffee growing communities in Africa and South America.
I would also like to thank the lovely people that delighted us with the warm reception we received on the opening, especially a local kind lady called Karen, who presented us with a ‘Good Luck’ balloon on the opening.
We received many votes of thanks, also, on the restoration of The Old Ship and painstaking work carried out by the conservation specialists and PEP Contractors, which James oversaw with great care and attention.
One would hope that past opposition would accept the benefit Costa has brought to the town and that they would come along and enjoy the pleasant atmosphere that Mike, Darryl and the Costa team have created.
You may also want to watch:
(James Witty’s Mum)
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead