Council proposals ‘unacceptable’
Sir - There has been severe criticism both inside and outside your pages at the proposed sites on AONB land for additional housing and/or employment facilities.
The assumption appears to be that the EDDC has chosen these areas of their own accord, despite their unsuitability !
As I understand it, this is not the case. The reality is that these sites have been potentially allocated for development simply because their current owners have recently offered to sell their land to the council, presumably just to make money for themselves as a result of the council’s desperation for development land !
There is no evidence that the council have even told the freeholders that these sites are impractical, are outside the limits for development, but have taken the easy route by just waiting to see if there are sufficient objections ....
One can only hope that the council now realize that local residents will simply not accept these proposals and if they are advanced further, there will be hell to pay !
You may also want to watch:
Michael Rose, SVA Member
Sidcliffe Farmhouse, Sid Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 9 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month