Credit where credit is due
SIR - In these days of cutbacks and grumbles about reduced services, I would like to express my family’s gratitude for the EDDC’s excellent “Out of Hours Emergency Service”.
The police no longer take responsibility for lost/found animals, but one quick call to the Out-of-Hours Emergency Service on Saturday afternoon resulted in a return call locating our tiny terrier! Found wandering, she had been taken home for safety by a kindly, concerned family who live well outside Sidmouth.
The service is obviously run by dedicated, caring staff for whose help, I, and my family, wish to express our sincere gratitude.
If you aren’t aware of the number, it’s certainly worth making a note of this helpful and efficient service: 01395 516854
Mrs A Everest-Phillips
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chancel, Coburg Terrace, Sidmouth
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal