Credit where credit is due
SIR - In these days of cutbacks and grumbles about reduced services, I would like to express my family’s gratitude for the EDDC’s excellent “Out of Hours Emergency Service”.
The police no longer take responsibility for lost/found animals, but one quick call to the Out-of-Hours Emergency Service on Saturday afternoon resulted in a return call locating our tiny terrier! Found wandering, she had been taken home for safety by a kindly, concerned family who live well outside Sidmouth.
The service is obviously run by dedicated, caring staff for whose help, I, and my family, wish to express our sincere gratitude.
If you aren’t aware of the number, it’s certainly worth making a note of this helpful and efficient service: 01395 516854
Mrs A Everest-Phillips
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chancel, Coburg Terrace, Sidmouth
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government