Curse of bureaucracy is strangling business
Madam – Some good advice for Ian Barlow of the Sidmouth Garden Centre. Sell up, and go and live in another country where you will be supported in business and work, not plagued by jobsworths who have never done a hard day s work in their lives!
Madam - Some good advice for Ian Barlow of the Sidmouth Garden Centre.
Sell up, and go and live in another country where you will be supported in business and work, not plagued by 'jobsworths' who have never done a hard day's work in their lives!
This goes for local councils, right up to government politicians. Over the last 20 years, we have become slaves to a mighty force of bureaucrats, most created during the years of this Labour government.
Civil servants, whether local or national, were supposed to be just that! Servants to the public who paid their wages, and they worked for the benefit of the people. Not any more!
You may also want to watch:
Under Labour we have become their servants, and we have to do as they tell us! Rubbish collection is done when they decide to do it, the police won't go out on a call if they have other things to do, councils fine the public if they don't do as they are told etc, etc.
I have run my own businesses all my life, many years in Australia and many years here. It seems to me that local and national government are determined to put everyone in this country out of business, with petty rules and regulations, licence fees, and the sort of problems Ian Barlow has faced ever since he owned the Garden Centre.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
That's why I have decided to go and live in a country that has decent weather, less government meddling, and more freedom! Would the last person to leave this country, turn out the lights please!
Nelwands Road, Sidmouth