SIR - Hats off to Councillor Mark Williamson who chaired last Friday’s dramatic planning committee meeting.
He was at pains to remind everybody before the debate that the decision related only to a planning application and was not about a possible move of EDDC Headquarters.
Those who successfully opposed the granting of permission argued their case extremely well without any reference to the proposed move.
Unfortunately the arguments councillors who supported the planning applicatin were based solely on the need for Sidmouth to fund the intention to move EDDC HQ.
Hats off also to the councillor who seconded the motion to grant planning consent and then changed his mind after listening to the arguments. Long live democracy!
You may also want to watch:
2 Glenisla Terrace, Sidmouth, Devon
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary