SIR - Hats off to Councillor Mark Williamson who chaired last Friday’s dramatic planning committee meeting.
He was at pains to remind everybody before the debate that the decision related only to a planning application and was not about a possible move of EDDC Headquarters.
Those who successfully opposed the granting of permission argued their case extremely well without any reference to the proposed move.
Unfortunately the arguments councillors who supported the planning applicatin were based solely on the need for Sidmouth to fund the intention to move EDDC HQ.
Hats off also to the councillor who seconded the motion to grant planning consent and then changed his mind after listening to the arguments. Long live democracy!
You may also want to watch:
2 Glenisla Terrace, Sidmouth, Devon
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight