Digital switchover – help for elderly
MADAM – In response to the article Concerns for digital switchover in Devon (Wednesday, November 26), Digital UK would like to clarify the situation regarding help for elderly and vulnerable people with the switchover to digital television in Sidmouth.
MADAM - In response to the article 'Concerns for digital switchover in Devon' (Wednesday, November 26), Digital UK would like to clarify the situation regarding help for elderly and vulnerable people with the switchover to digital television in Sidmouth.
Councillor Des Hannon, from Devon County Council, raised concerns that some elderly, vulnerable and disabled people might not be fully aware that digital switchover would affect them. I would like to reassure people that Digital UK is working very hard to ensure a smooth switchover and reach those people who are not eligible for assistance through the Government Help Scheme.
While the switch to digital TV will be easy for most people, the outreach programme is designed to complement the existing Help Scheme to deliver the support and reassurance required by potentially vulnerable viewers.
We will be working with local community, voluntary and charity groups to provide advice and information, a range of support services including the training of volunteers, public meetings and events, home visits and a network of help centres at the time of switchover.
You may also want to watch:
Viewers can find out what help is available to them at www.digitaluk.co.uk. They can also get information on switchover by calling the Digital UK helpline on 0845 650 50 50.
To make an application to the Help Scheme or to nominate someone else to make their application, call 0800 40 85 900 or visit www.helpscheme.co.uk
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
South West Regional Manager,Digital UK