Dismay at plan
It is with some dismay I have read in the Sidmouth Herald (May 4) that Fords of Sidmouth are going against the voices of Sidmouth and are trying to promote a five-hectare site at Sidford for industrial purposes.
After all the support that the citizens of Sidmouth have given to the firm for many years, is Mr Ford not aware of the groundswell of opinion among residents of Sidmouth and surrounding areas who are opposed, for very good reasons, to this scheme.
Should it come to fruition, just what development proposals does Mr Ford have for the new site?
Should this development occur, I shall vote with my feet; others must do as their conscience tells them.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again