Dismay at plan
It is with some dismay I have read in the Sidmouth Herald (May 4) that Fords of Sidmouth are going against the voices of Sidmouth and are trying to promote a five-hectare site at Sidford for industrial purposes.
After all the support that the citizens of Sidmouth have given to the firm for many years, is Mr Ford not aware of the groundswell of opinion among residents of Sidmouth and surrounding areas who are opposed, for very good reasons, to this scheme.
Should it come to fruition, just what development proposals does Mr Ford have for the new site?
Should this development occur, I shall vote with my feet; others must do as their conscience tells them.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open