Disturbance in aid of wedded bliss
SIR - Shame on the Mount Pleasant Hotel for the disturbance they caused on the evening (right through to the early hours of the morning) of Saturday, December 3.
This was our first visit to Sidmouth and we were visiting friends at the weekend, one of whom is quite ill. The constant music was louder than anything we’ve heard.
It seems whoever organised this evening miscalculated the volume of noise from the tent. Did they not realise that although walls may contain the noise, a fabric tent doesn’t, so we heard everything at full blast.
Not content with the constant bang, bang of music which went on until around midnight, we then had to put up with some awful singing until around 3am.
By all means have a party, but do think of your neighbours and remember; music at full volume in a tent means your neighbours get it at full volume too.
George Street, Exeter
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 9 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
ED: This event was celebrating a unique occasion – the marriage of this hotel owner’s daughter.