Do it by the book
Ask, and ye shall receive. Not so far as getting proper responses from East Devon District Council are concerned.
What a farce the opening question session of full council meetings has become – although unfortunately not in the Brian Rix bracket of yesteryear, but rather a tragedy.
It does seem that councillors, just like members of parliament, believe that they never have to answer a question.
We too can practise this art, when they come touting for support at the next election. When the time comes that our “leading” councillors are finally put out to grass, and it cannot come too soon, I have the perfect solution to their retirement jobs.
Become a book critic. They don’t even need to read them, never mind understand them. All they have to do is to rubbish them in one easy lesson. This should come as second nature.
- 1 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 2 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 3 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 4 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 5 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 6 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 7 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
- 8 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 9 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence