SIR - Although I fully appreciate not everyone likes dogs, and why should they, I cannot recall ever reading about dogs spreading disease in or around the Sidmouth area.
I have, however, caught the common cold, plus other infections, from my fellow human beings. This has not stopped me walking on the Byes.
I enjoy meeting up with people and dog walkers and enjoying the wonderful freedom that this delivers.
My only suggestion would be is to stay indoors and not visit Sidmouth if your concern is catching germs.
Oh, by the way, yes I do have a dog and my home smells fresh and is extremely clean and tidy.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 7 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition