SIR - Although I fully appreciate not everyone likes dogs, and why should they, I cannot recall ever reading about dogs spreading disease in or around the Sidmouth area.
I have, however, caught the common cold, plus other infections, from my fellow human beings. This has not stopped me walking on the Byes.
I enjoy meeting up with people and dog walkers and enjoying the wonderful freedom that this delivers.
My only suggestion would be is to stay indoors and not visit Sidmouth if your concern is catching germs.
Oh, by the way, yes I do have a dog and my home smells fresh and is extremely clean and tidy.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year