SIR - Although I fully appreciate not everyone likes dogs, and why should they, I cannot recall ever reading about dogs spreading disease in or around the Sidmouth area.
I have, however, caught the common cold, plus other infections, from my fellow human beings. This has not stopped me walking on the Byes.
I enjoy meeting up with people and dog walkers and enjoying the wonderful freedom that this delivers.
My only suggestion would be is to stay indoors and not visit Sidmouth if your concern is catching germs.
Oh, by the way, yes I do have a dog and my home smells fresh and is extremely clean and tidy.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival