Don’t abuse system
I find it a shocking statistic that 42 GP and 86 nurse appointments were missed at the Health Centre during January
Unless these patients had a family emergency or similar reason for failing to attend they should be fined. Not only are these selfish people blocking appointments for those who may need one, they are being very rude to highly trained professional people.
It only takes a phone call to cancel an obviously unneeded appointment.
We are fortunate in this country to have medical and nursing care free at the point need but patients have a responsibility not to abuse this
We all know the NHS costs billions of pounds to operate and patients as well as those working in it should not waste money.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again