Don’t abuse system
I find it a shocking statistic that 42 GP and 86 nurse appointments were missed at the Health Centre during January
Unless these patients had a family emergency or similar reason for failing to attend they should be fined. Not only are these selfish people blocking appointments for those who may need one, they are being very rude to highly trained professional people.
It only takes a phone call to cancel an obviously unneeded appointment.
We are fortunate in this country to have medical and nursing care free at the point need but patients have a responsibility not to abuse this
We all know the NHS costs billions of pounds to operate and patients as well as those working in it should not waste money.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables