Don’t ruin town
How sad to see Elizabeth Hall is no more on Exmouth seafront, to be replaced by something that would be better suited to the North Circular in London.
You already have match-pot flats on Exmouth Docks that look as though they are a transplant from Wapping with Dorothy and Toto’s shed perched on top.
I was going through some photographs and found an ideal place for your Splash Park that East Devon District Council (EDDC) should really consider.
Sidmouth could get rid of its scout hut and toilets and rebuild on the grass without the need to close any of Exmouth’s seafront attractions, after all, the businesses at Exmouth have been there many years and Exmouth has lots of sand to play on. Sidmouth has stones!
You could do the same at Sidmouth as you have done at Orcombe Point – stick some flag poles and concrete coffins on the roundabout and build a Premier Inn on the seafront.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t spoil Exmouth or turn it into Southend or Bournmouth. EDDC should have listened to Jilly Green and the Friends of Elizabeth Hall.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
Highams Park, London