Don’t sell Knowle for redevelopment
Sir - It is now out in the open that we don’t need EDDC at the Knowle, something that has been obvious for a while.
They could easily rent rooms for their meeting times at Devon County Council and save money and not need to lose so many jobs. I suspect that they will actually go to Cranbrook.
Realistically, the best thing to do with the Knowle would be to make it the hospital and health centre.
It has parking, is on the bus route, then the current hospital/health centre premises could be sold to the highest bidder as it is all housing around them.
To sell the Knowle for development would be tragic as it has beautiful grounds and would then be an eyesore. We do not have the infrastructure to have any more major development in Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
It is not just spoiling the visual image of the place, we will need more drainage, sewerage, gas, electric etc.
The roads cannot cope with the traffic that we have now, development means that we need to add two cars to every house and our roads are just not made for that and the traffic.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
If we do not curtail the development, we will no longer have a beauty spot that people wish to come and stay in as a holiday town or live in because we are overdeveloped.