Donations reflect level of respect
MADAM - On behalf of the Sidmouth Branch of the Royal British Legion, I would like to thank the residents of Sidmouth, once again, for their donations and support during the Poppy Appeal.
MADAM - On behalf of the Sidmouth Branch of the Royal British Legion, I would like to thank the residents of Sidmouth, once again, for their donations and support during the Poppy Appeal. This shows how much the Legion is respected in the town.
Every day there is a reminder of the work carried out by both our Servicemen and women under extreme conditions and fire in Afghanistan and other conflicts around the world and, of course, the sacrifice made by service personnel during the First and Second World Wars.
This is where the Royal British Legion gives support. The Legion currently spends more than �1 million a week in its work helping over 130,000 members of the Armed Forces, family dependants, veterans and the bereaved.
The 2009 Poppy Appeal has targeted support for the wounded and bereaved of Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
Nationally, last year's Poppy Appeal received a record total of �31 million in donations. This year, we would hope to see this figure matched.
Finally, I would like to thank our Poppy Appeal organisers, Liz Langham and Sue and Chris Pink, and the many Poppy collectors who gave their time and support during this year's Poppy Appeal.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
(Chairman - Sidmouth Branch RBL)
40 Sid Park Road