Doubts of faith
SIR - Does God actually exist? If so, perhaps believers know of what proof there really is.
The United Reformed Church notice board in Primley Road, Sidmouth, states “Jesus Lives”.
If he ever did, he must be rather old now since he is believed to have died on a cross some 2,000 or so years ago.
Assuming Jesus did ever live, was he special or was he a trickster or a magician? Did he walk on water?
Perhaps, if the lake he is reputed to have walked on was so salty (like the Dead Sea), that is possible. But, Jesus, the Son of God? No way. Well. That was ‘any questions’. Who has ‘any answers’?
You may also want to watch:
David Blumson (agnostic)
41, Ashley Crescent, Sidmouth
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd