Doubts of faith
SIR - Does God actually exist? If so, perhaps believers know of what proof there really is.
The United Reformed Church notice board in Primley Road, Sidmouth, states “Jesus Lives”.
If he ever did, he must be rather old now since he is believed to have died on a cross some 2,000 or so years ago.
Assuming Jesus did ever live, was he special or was he a trickster or a magician? Did he walk on water?
Perhaps, if the lake he is reputed to have walked on was so salty (like the Dead Sea), that is possible. But, Jesus, the Son of God? No way. Well. That was ‘any questions’. Who has ‘any answers’?
David Blumson (agnostic)
41, Ashley Crescent, Sidmouth
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers