Dr Svensden loss
SIR - I felt I had to write to you following the sad death of Dr Svendsen. What a wonderful lady she was.
Without her help, many donkeys would still be living in bad conditions. Instead, they are being cared for and loved in The Donkey Sanctuary.
I have visited Sidmouth many times and my first stop is always The Donkey Sanctuary.
My husband and I honeymooned in Sidmouth 32 years ago. I would love to come more often, but my husband is disabled and would be unable to visit.
I would love to come again soon, but have no transport. I have to come by taxi. I am unable to have holiday there now as my husband would be unable to come.
You may also want to watch:
I receive the Sidmouth Herald each week and read it from cover to cover.
I have adopted four donkeys. They are so humble and the donkey goes back to biblical times.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Anyway, I felt I had to write to you. I am pleased to hear that Dr Svendsen’s son is carrying on, God bless them all and I hope it won’t be too long before I visit Sidmouth again.
Mrs Fiona Davis
5 Leonard Hackett Court, 13 St Winifred’s Road, Bournemouth