I was delighted to see your prompt article on page seven of last week’s edition giving the news of the aquittal of Mark Unsworth on the charge of ear biting (“Rugby player not guilty of biting player’s ear”, Sidmouth Herald, September 20).
However, I feel it might have been appropriate to have printed a colour photograph with the words “not guilty” on three other pages, including the front and back, as you did when he was found guilty at a seriously flawed RFU hearing in 2011.
Perhaps a photograph with the appropriate words accompanying this letter might go someway to removing the stigma and stress cause to Mr Unsworth by your unnecessarily brutal coverage two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again