I was delighted to see your prompt article on page seven of last week’s edition giving the news of the aquittal of Mark Unsworth on the charge of ear biting (“Rugby player not guilty of biting player’s ear”, Sidmouth Herald, September 20).
However, I feel it might have been appropriate to have printed a colour photograph with the words “not guilty” on three other pages, including the front and back, as you did when he was found guilty at a seriously flawed RFU hearing in 2011.
Perhaps a photograph with the appropriate words accompanying this letter might go someway to removing the stigma and stress cause to Mr Unsworth by your unnecessarily brutal coverage two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98