I was delighted to see your prompt article on page seven of last week’s edition giving the news of the aquittal of Mark Unsworth on the charge of ear biting (“Rugby player not guilty of biting player’s ear”, Sidmouth Herald, September 20).
However, I feel it might have been appropriate to have printed a colour photograph with the words “not guilty” on three other pages, including the front and back, as you did when he was found guilty at a seriously flawed RFU hearing in 2011.
Perhaps a photograph with the appropriate words accompanying this letter might go someway to removing the stigma and stress cause to Mr Unsworth by your unnecessarily brutal coverage two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary