SIR - I want to take issue with proposed building construction for Sidmouth, especially the business park (with, I suspect, with someone like Tesco lurking in the background) at Sidford.
I, like most people I have spoken to, totally disagree with this idea. Can you imagine the abominable eyesore as you approach the town, not to mention the possibility for grid lock on the roads, especially through Sidbury?
No, listen, East Devon District Council, sat in your ivory tower;
“Wildlife and the countryside is not for us (you) to do as we see fit; we have it in trust, and must account for it to those who come after.” (quoted from George V).
And so, EDDC, please listen to the people of Sidmouth, and think again, after all, we pay your wages. He that pays the piper . . .
You may also want to watch:
When asked “Have you lived here all your life?”, I say “Not yet.”
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
Drakes Avenue, Sidford