SIR - I want to take issue with proposed building construction for Sidmouth, especially the business park (with, I suspect, with someone like Tesco lurking in the background) at Sidford.
I, like most people I have spoken to, totally disagree with this idea. Can you imagine the abominable eyesore as you approach the town, not to mention the possibility for grid lock on the roads, especially through Sidbury?
No, listen, East Devon District Council, sat in your ivory tower;
“Wildlife and the countryside is not for us (you) to do as we see fit; we have it in trust, and must account for it to those who come after.” (quoted from George V).
And so, EDDC, please listen to the people of Sidmouth, and think again, after all, we pay your wages. He that pays the piper . . .
You may also want to watch:
When asked “Have you lived here all your life?”, I say “Not yet.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Drakes Avenue, Sidford