SIR - I want to take issue with proposed building construction for Sidmouth, especially the business park (with, I suspect, with someone like Tesco lurking in the background) at Sidford.
I, like most people I have spoken to, totally disagree with this idea. Can you imagine the abominable eyesore as you approach the town, not to mention the possibility for grid lock on the roads, especially through Sidbury?
No, listen, East Devon District Council, sat in your ivory tower;
“Wildlife and the countryside is not for us (you) to do as we see fit; we have it in trust, and must account for it to those who come after.” (quoted from George V).
And so, EDDC, please listen to the people of Sidmouth, and think again, after all, we pay your wages. He that pays the piper . . .
You may also want to watch:
When asked “Have you lived here all your life?”, I say “Not yet.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Drakes Avenue, Sidford