- Credit: Archant
We all read or hear so much about dreadful standards of care given to elderly frail people who live in residential care homes, so I feel I must say something about the excellent care given to my father who was a resident in Malden House, Sidmouth, for eight and a half years.
At all times he was treated with kindness and his privacy respected.
For the last few months of his life he needed a great deal of attention with normal physical things like washing and dressing and help with walking. This care was always delivered in a very professional manner, with due care for his wishes.
For the last two weeks of his life, when he needed total care, this was done in a very caring and courteous way.
To all the care staff I give my grateful thanks and I will always remember them with fondness; the kindness I received, too, was appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Malden House, thank you; the care you gave should be the model for other care homes.
Mrs Claire Crouch
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award