- Credit: Archant
We all read or hear so much about dreadful standards of care given to elderly frail people who live in residential care homes, so I feel I must say something about the excellent care given to my father who was a resident in Malden House, Sidmouth, for eight and a half years.
At all times he was treated with kindness and his privacy respected.
For the last few months of his life he needed a great deal of attention with normal physical things like washing and dressing and help with walking. This care was always delivered in a very professional manner, with due care for his wishes.
For the last two weeks of his life, when he needed total care, this was done in a very caring and courteous way.
To all the care staff I give my grateful thanks and I will always remember them with fondness; the kindness I received, too, was appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Malden House, thank you; the care you gave should be the model for other care homes.
Mrs Claire Crouch
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses