- Credit: Archant
We all read or hear so much about dreadful standards of care given to elderly frail people who live in residential care homes, so I feel I must say something about the excellent care given to my father who was a resident in Malden House, Sidmouth, for eight and a half years.
At all times he was treated with kindness and his privacy respected.
For the last few months of his life he needed a great deal of attention with normal physical things like washing and dressing and help with walking. This care was always delivered in a very professional manner, with due care for his wishes.
For the last two weeks of his life, when he needed total care, this was done in a very caring and courteous way.
To all the care staff I give my grateful thanks and I will always remember them with fondness; the kindness I received, too, was appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Malden House, thank you; the care you gave should be the model for other care homes.
Mrs Claire Crouch
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National