Find the facts on council meetings
The concerns of Ottery residents about private meetings between developers and councillors have led to months of hostility and a lack of confidence in the town council.
The EDDC monitoring officer’s report into complaints about events at council meetings has been published confidentially but, as many people had made complaints, there are many copies circulating with consequent leaks and rumours.
It was therefore most encouraging last week that Ottery St Mary Town Council voted by a large majority to ask the monitoring officer to make her report publicly available.
I would urge any resident, who is interested in knowing the facts, to support their town council’s request by contacting the officer at EDDC.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth