Find the facts on council meetings
The concerns of Ottery residents about private meetings between developers and councillors have led to months of hostility and a lack of confidence in the town council.
The EDDC monitoring officer’s report into complaints about events at council meetings has been published confidentially but, as many people had made complaints, there are many copies circulating with consequent leaks and rumours.
It was therefore most encouraging last week that Ottery St Mary Town Council voted by a large majority to ask the monitoring officer to make her report publicly available.
I would urge any resident, who is interested in knowing the facts, to support their town council’s request by contacting the officer at EDDC.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables