Find the facts on council meetings
The concerns of Ottery residents about private meetings between developers and councillors have led to months of hostility and a lack of confidence in the town council.
The EDDC monitoring officer’s report into complaints about events at council meetings has been published confidentially but, as many people had made complaints, there are many copies circulating with consequent leaks and rumours.
It was therefore most encouraging last week that Ottery St Mary Town Council voted by a large majority to ask the monitoring officer to make her report publicly available.
I would urge any resident, who is interested in knowing the facts, to support their town council’s request by contacting the officer at EDDC.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 2 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 3 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 7 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures