Folk Week praise
SIR - The long-suffering folk of Sidmouth must be breathing a sigh of relief now that life has returned to “normal” after the celebrations of Folk Week.
As a visitor from Cornwall, I must congratulate the town on a tremendous welcome - the flower displays, the shopkeepers, who were unfailingly courteous and helpful whilst working exceptionally long hours; the cleanliness and accessibility of the public toilets; car parking arrangements and festival transport.
A special thanks to Penny, in the Festival Box Office, who sorted a minor problem with good humour.
My family party ranged in age from over 60 to under 3 - and we all agreed it was a holiday we would like to repeat another year. You will see us again!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth