Folk Week praise
SIR - The long-suffering folk of Sidmouth must be breathing a sigh of relief now that life has returned to “normal” after the celebrations of Folk Week.
As a visitor from Cornwall, I must congratulate the town on a tremendous welcome - the flower displays, the shopkeepers, who were unfailingly courteous and helpful whilst working exceptionally long hours; the cleanliness and accessibility of the public toilets; car parking arrangements and festival transport.
A special thanks to Penny, in the Festival Box Office, who sorted a minor problem with good humour.
My family party ranged in age from over 60 to under 3 - and we all agreed it was a holiday we would like to repeat another year. You will see us again!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community