Folk Week praise
SIR - The long-suffering folk of Sidmouth must be breathing a sigh of relief now that life has returned to “normal” after the celebrations of Folk Week.
As a visitor from Cornwall, I must congratulate the town on a tremendous welcome - the flower displays, the shopkeepers, who were unfailingly courteous and helpful whilst working exceptionally long hours; the cleanliness and accessibility of the public toilets; car parking arrangements and festival transport.
A special thanks to Penny, in the Festival Box Office, who sorted a minor problem with good humour.
My family party ranged in age from over 60 to under 3 - and we all agreed it was a holiday we would like to repeat another year. You will see us again!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98