Food in the bank
On behalf of the trustees of the Sid Valley Food Bank may I express our grateful thanks to all the customers who visited Waitrose last Friday and Saturday and generously donated items of non-perishable food and money.
From being virtually empty our shelves in our store are now covered – although if we continue to receive a large number of people nominated by local agencies we will have to rely on further donations.
Can I offer a reminder that non-perishable items can be left in the wire baskets at the Co-op, Tesco Express and Spar at Sidford.
At present we have sufficient supplies of tins of baked beans, packets of cereal and porridge, and packets of tea.
Other items of food and toiletries are most welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Again, many thanks to everyone who supports the Sid Valley Food Bank.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Sid Valley Food Bank