Food in the bank
On behalf of the trustees of the Sid Valley Food Bank may I express our grateful thanks to all the customers who visited Waitrose last Friday and Saturday and generously donated items of non-perishable food and money.
From being virtually empty our shelves in our store are now covered – although if we continue to receive a large number of people nominated by local agencies we will have to rely on further donations.
Can I offer a reminder that non-perishable items can be left in the wire baskets at the Co-op, Tesco Express and Spar at Sidford.
At present we have sufficient supplies of tins of baked beans, packets of cereal and porridge, and packets of tea.
Other items of food and toiletries are most welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Again, many thanks to everyone who supports the Sid Valley Food Bank.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
Sid Valley Food Bank