Food in the bank
On behalf of the trustees of the Sid Valley Food Bank may I express our grateful thanks to all the customers who visited Waitrose last Friday and Saturday and generously donated items of non-perishable food and money.
From being virtually empty our shelves in our store are now covered – although if we continue to receive a large number of people nominated by local agencies we will have to rely on further donations.
Can I offer a reminder that non-perishable items can be left in the wire baskets at the Co-op, Tesco Express and Spar at Sidford.
At present we have sufficient supplies of tins of baked beans, packets of cereal and porridge, and packets of tea.
Other items of food and toiletries are most welcome.
Again, many thanks to everyone who supports the Sid Valley Food Bank.
- 1 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 2 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 4 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 5 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 6 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 7 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club awards ceremony
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
Sid Valley Food Bank