Food in the bank
On behalf of the trustees of the Sid Valley Food Bank may I express our grateful thanks to all the customers who visited Waitrose last Friday and Saturday and generously donated items of non-perishable food and money.
From being virtually empty our shelves in our store are now covered – although if we continue to receive a large number of people nominated by local agencies we will have to rely on further donations.
Can I offer a reminder that non-perishable items can be left in the wire baskets at the Co-op, Tesco Express and Spar at Sidford.
At present we have sufficient supplies of tins of baked beans, packets of cereal and porridge, and packets of tea.
Other items of food and toiletries are most welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Again, many thanks to everyone who supports the Sid Valley Food Bank.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 5 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
Sid Valley Food Bank