Food in the bank
On behalf of the trustees of the Sid Valley Food Bank may I express our grateful thanks to all the customers who visited Waitrose last Friday and Saturday and generously donated items of non-perishable food and money.
From being virtually empty our shelves in our store are now covered – although if we continue to receive a large number of people nominated by local agencies we will have to rely on further donations.
Can I offer a reminder that non-perishable items can be left in the wire baskets at the Co-op, Tesco Express and Spar at Sidford.
At present we have sufficient supplies of tins of baked beans, packets of cereal and porridge, and packets of tea.
Other items of food and toiletries are most welcome.
Again, many thanks to everyone who supports the Sid Valley Food Bank.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Chiefs beaten by a powerful second-half from league leaders
- 9 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 10 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
Sid Valley Food Bank