Fortfield cash - health centre plea
SIR - I am writing in response to the article regarding the Fortfield development site.
I see that the latest application on the former Fortfield Hotel site is now the 31 private apartments and that the managing director of Zero C, Kim Slowe, has indicated that a seven figure sum will be made available ‘towards tourism and affordable housing off site’.
I hope that the East Devon District Council will include The Sidmouth Health Centre potential re-development in the division of this ‘donation’ from Zero C. Our health centre is ranked as the most under-sized in East Devon, 23 out of 23, by the Primary Trust’s own figures.
We have been actively looking to re-develop The Sidmouth Health Centre for the last 10 years and this is becoming more imperative with the additional developments in the town, which, to date, have not been accounted for in a potential re-build.
Our preferred option is for a re-development of both the library and the Health Centre. We would welcome any public support to facilitate such a development.
You may also want to watch:
The Doctor and
The Sidmouth Health Centre.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of