Freedom to shop is important
SIR – I choose to take my custom to as many outlets as I can in town – local shops and the supermarkets – they all offer a different experience and the more choice of outlet the better it is for me.
SIR - I choose to take my custom to as many outlets as I can in town - local shops and the supermarkets - they all offer a different experience and the more choice of outlet the better it is for me.
I would indeed like to extend my shopping experience to a farmers' market and I do not appreciate others telling me I cannot have this.
At the last count, an overwhelming 94 per cent of those who took part in the Herald's on-line poll were in favour of such a market.
A precedent has been set with the stalls for Folk Week visitors - now let's have something for us.
You may also want to watch:
Ebdons Mews Cottage
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables