Freedom to shop is important
SIR – I choose to take my custom to as many outlets as I can in town – local shops and the supermarkets – they all offer a different experience and the more choice of outlet the better it is for me.
SIR - I choose to take my custom to as many outlets as I can in town - local shops and the supermarkets - they all offer a different experience and the more choice of outlet the better it is for me.
I would indeed like to extend my shopping experience to a farmers' market and I do not appreciate others telling me I cannot have this.
At the last count, an overwhelming 94 per cent of those who took part in the Herald's on-line poll were in favour of such a market.
A precedent has been set with the stalls for Folk Week visitors - now let's have something for us.
You may also want to watch:
Ebdons Mews Cottage
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again