Freedom to shop is important
SIR – I choose to take my custom to as many outlets as I can in town – local shops and the supermarkets – they all offer a different experience and the more choice of outlet the better it is for me.
SIR - I choose to take my custom to as many outlets as I can in town - local shops and the supermarkets - they all offer a different experience and the more choice of outlet the better it is for me.
I would indeed like to extend my shopping experience to a farmers' market and I do not appreciate others telling me I cannot have this.
At the last count, an overwhelming 94 per cent of those who took part in the Herald's on-line poll were in favour of such a market.
A precedent has been set with the stalls for Folk Week visitors - now let's have something for us.
Ebdons Mews Cottage
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 6 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 7 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 8 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures