Garden club seeks members
SIR - In common with many clubs and societies within the Sidmouth area, the Sidmouth Garden Club is experiencing a decline in members.
This situation places a considerable strain on the club’s resources, which, if not addressed, would result in the club having to reduce its activities and curtail many of the items of past programmes.
The number of meetings, shows and visits to places of interest would have to be reviewed and reduced, to the detriment of the club and its aspirations.
Through the good offices of the Herald, the club would like to appeal to all your readers to come and join us.
We are a friendly organisation, always welcoming fresh faces.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets every second Tuesday of the month at 2.30 pm, All Saints Church Hall, All Saints Road, Sidmouth.
Past speakers have included Carol Klein, Ann Swithinbank, Prof Sir Ghillean Prance, Director-General of Kew Gardens, and Sarah Chesters of Rosemoor and Radio Devon fame.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Shows are held March, June and September in lieu of meetings. August is the only month we do not get together.
We sincerely hope your readers will respond to our appeal in order that this club may continue its highly-regarded programme of shows and meetings into the future.
Our next meeting is Tuesday, November 9.
We look forward to seeing them there.
John B Vaughan
Sidmouth Garden Club