SIR - A poetic tribute to Sidmouth Garden Centre
May I be bold and ask you to venture,
To this, another garden centre.
Unique and special, a delight to me,
With such care and planning and symmetry,
You may also want to watch:
Nestling well amongst the hills and trees,
Its veranda look-out to delight and please.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Over a multitude of plants that thrive,
A thoughtful blend that comes alive.
As with the gardener’s thoughtful eyes,
Their shapes trace patterns ‘gainst the skies.
A challenge to all who would plant and grow,
To learn from nurserymen who know.
Whose care has made this place so fitting
And delights me now as I am sitting,
In total comfort as I eat,
With, thanks to them, the day complete.
D R West