SIR - A poetic tribute to Sidmouth Garden Centre
May I be bold and ask you to venture,
To this, another garden centre.
Unique and special, a delight to me,
With such care and planning and symmetry,
Nestling well amongst the hills and trees,
Its veranda look-out to delight and please.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 6 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 7 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 8 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 9 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 10 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
Over a multitude of plants that thrive,
A thoughtful blend that comes alive.
As with the gardener’s thoughtful eyes,
Their shapes trace patterns ‘gainst the skies.
A challenge to all who would plant and grow,
To learn from nurserymen who know.
Whose care has made this place so fitting
And delights me now as I am sitting,
In total comfort as I eat,
With, thanks to them, the day complete.
D R West