SIR - A poetic tribute to Sidmouth Garden Centre
May I be bold and ask you to venture,
To this, another garden centre.
Unique and special, a delight to me,
With such care and planning and symmetry,
You may also want to watch:
Nestling well amongst the hills and trees,
Its veranda look-out to delight and please.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Over a multitude of plants that thrive,
A thoughtful blend that comes alive.
As with the gardener’s thoughtful eyes,
Their shapes trace patterns ‘gainst the skies.
A challenge to all who would plant and grow,
To learn from nurserymen who know.
Whose care has made this place so fitting
And delights me now as I am sitting,
In total comfort as I eat,
With, thanks to them, the day complete.
D R West