SIR - I wanted to write and thank all those who supported our Open Gardens Day on Sunday, April 8, whether they were visiting, opening their gardens, helping out or making and serving teas.
A total of �650 was raised for the Newton Poppleford and Harpford Diamond Jubilee funds, which quite exceeded expectations!
We were blessed with perfect weather for pottering around gardens and tramping the length and breadth of the village.
We had about 180 visitors; in addition to local residents, it was very pleasing to see quite a few visitors from surrounding villages and also a number of holiday-makers, all making the most of the bank holiday weekend, and most must have found their way to the village hall as the delicious, donated, homemade cakes were pretty much sold out.
All in all, the level of support made all the effort worthwhile, so thanks again to everyone.
You may also want to watch:
Also, if the person who left their sunglasses behind phones me on 568928, we can arrange collection.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
Station Road, Newton Poppleford