SIR - I wanted to write and thank all those who supported our Open Gardens Day on Sunday, April 8, whether they were visiting, opening their gardens, helping out or making and serving teas.
A total of �650 was raised for the Newton Poppleford and Harpford Diamond Jubilee funds, which quite exceeded expectations!
We were blessed with perfect weather for pottering around gardens and tramping the length and breadth of the village.
We had about 180 visitors; in addition to local residents, it was very pleasing to see quite a few visitors from surrounding villages and also a number of holiday-makers, all making the most of the bank holiday weekend, and most must have found their way to the village hall as the delicious, donated, homemade cakes were pretty much sold out.
All in all, the level of support made all the effort worthwhile, so thanks again to everyone.
You may also want to watch:
Also, if the person who left their sunglasses behind phones me on 568928, we can arrange collection.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
Station Road, Newton Poppleford