SIR - We were all very sorry to hear of the closure of the Sidmouth Gardening Club and, thanks to several nominations for this year at least, the Ottery St. Mary Gardening Club is saved.
We would always welcome new members, particularly from the Sidmouth area, in fact, we already have a few who come on our trips and listen to our talks.
We have quite a good programme for 2011, for example, trips to Highgrove, Lukesland Gardens, Slimbridge Wetland Centre, Abbotsbury and RHS Rosemoor, two shows, a coffee morning and plant sale and various speakers, with refreshments.
For more information on joining the club and questions about the trips etc. please contact Mrs. Joan Dalton on 01404 815082 or by post at ‘Thistle Dew’, 8 Meadow Close, Ottery St. Mary, EX11 1EW.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town