SIR - We were all very sorry to hear of the closure of the Sidmouth Gardening Club and, thanks to several nominations for this year at least, the Ottery St. Mary Gardening Club is saved.
We would always welcome new members, particularly from the Sidmouth area, in fact, we already have a few who come on our trips and listen to our talks.
We have quite a good programme for 2011, for example, trips to Highgrove, Lukesland Gardens, Slimbridge Wetland Centre, Abbotsbury and RHS Rosemoor, two shows, a coffee morning and plant sale and various speakers, with refreshments.
For more information on joining the club and questions about the trips etc. please contact Mrs. Joan Dalton on 01404 815082 or by post at ‘Thistle Dew’, 8 Meadow Close, Ottery St. Mary, EX11 1EW.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon