SIR - We were all very sorry to hear of the closure of the Sidmouth Gardening Club and, thanks to several nominations for this year at least, the Ottery St. Mary Gardening Club is saved.
We would always welcome new members, particularly from the Sidmouth area, in fact, we already have a few who come on our trips and listen to our talks.
We have quite a good programme for 2011, for example, trips to Highgrove, Lukesland Gardens, Slimbridge Wetland Centre, Abbotsbury and RHS Rosemoor, two shows, a coffee morning and plant sale and various speakers, with refreshments.
For more information on joining the club and questions about the trips etc. please contact Mrs. Joan Dalton on 01404 815082 or by post at ‘Thistle Dew’, 8 Meadow Close, Ottery St. Mary, EX11 1EW.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 4 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 5 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 6 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Artists given a masterclass in watercolour painting
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three