On behalf of the two Rotary Clubs of the Sidmouth area, we would like to thank the people of Sidmouth for their generosity in giving to our recent collections in the High Street and at Waitrose in aid of ShelterBox.
The collection followed the terrible earthquake and tsunami in Japan, where so many people were killed or lost everything. The collections raised over �3000 and have enabled us to fund six ShelterBoxes, enough to provide immediate shelter and basic living needs for sixty people. On behalf of those people, we thank you.
Further donations for this appeal can be made directly to ShelterBox (0300 0300 500 or www.shelterbox.org), or you can buy a ticket for the Gardeners’ Question Time event at Sidmouth Garden Centre on April 7.
Half the money from that event will be donated to ShelterBox and half to the Devon Air Ambulance appeal. Once again, our thanks for your support
David Mason, President, Sidmouth Rotary Club
You may also want to watch:
Paul Dowen, President, Sid Valley Rotary Club
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support