On behalf of the two Rotary Clubs of the Sidmouth area, we would like to thank the people of Sidmouth for their generosity in giving to our recent collections in the High Street and at Waitrose in aid of ShelterBox.
The collection followed the terrible earthquake and tsunami in Japan, where so many people were killed or lost everything. The collections raised over �3000 and have enabled us to fund six ShelterBoxes, enough to provide immediate shelter and basic living needs for sixty people. On behalf of those people, we thank you.
Further donations for this appeal can be made directly to ShelterBox (0300 0300 500 or www.shelterbox.org), or you can buy a ticket for the Gardeners’ Question Time event at Sidmouth Garden Centre on April 7.
Half the money from that event will be donated to ShelterBox and half to the Devon Air Ambulance appeal. Once again, our thanks for your support
David Mason, President, Sidmouth Rotary Club
You may also want to watch:
Paul Dowen, President, Sid Valley Rotary Club
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police