On behalf of the two Rotary Clubs of the Sidmouth area, we would like to thank the people of Sidmouth for their generosity in giving to our recent collections in the High Street and at Waitrose in aid of ShelterBox.
The collection followed the terrible earthquake and tsunami in Japan, where so many people were killed or lost everything. The collections raised over �3000 and have enabled us to fund six ShelterBoxes, enough to provide immediate shelter and basic living needs for sixty people. On behalf of those people, we thank you.
Further donations for this appeal can be made directly to ShelterBox (0300 0300 500 or www.shelterbox.org), or you can buy a ticket for the Gardeners’ Question Time event at Sidmouth Garden Centre on April 7.
Half the money from that event will be donated to ShelterBox and half to the Devon Air Ambulance appeal. Once again, our thanks for your support
David Mason, President, Sidmouth Rotary Club
You may also want to watch:
Paul Dowen, President, Sid Valley Rotary Club
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 7 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start