On behalf of the two Rotary Clubs of the Sidmouth area, we would like to thank the people of Sidmouth for their generosity in giving to our recent collections in the High Street and at Waitrose in aid of ShelterBox.
The collection followed the terrible earthquake and tsunami in Japan, where so many people were killed or lost everything. The collections raised over �3000 and have enabled us to fund six ShelterBoxes, enough to provide immediate shelter and basic living needs for sixty people. On behalf of those people, we thank you.
Further donations for this appeal can be made directly to ShelterBox (0300 0300 500 or www.shelterbox.org), or you can buy a ticket for the Gardeners’ Question Time event at Sidmouth Garden Centre on April 7.
Half the money from that event will be donated to ShelterBox and half to the Devon Air Ambulance appeal. Once again, our thanks for your support
David Mason, President, Sidmouth Rotary Club
You may also want to watch:
Paul Dowen, President, Sid Valley Rotary Club
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 4 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 7 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit