Get something out of Tesco developers
MADAM - With regard to the application by Tesco to open a store in Ottery St Mary. Obviously, there are both positive and negative aspects.
MADAM - With regard to the application by Tesco to open a store in Ottery St Mary.
Obviously, there are both positive and negative aspects. Assuming that planning permission is granted, should the community and planners try to "accentuate the positive" and obtain some long-term benefit?
For example, planning consent could include converting part of the Town Mill to a new public library. This is planned, I understand, but when and from where will the money be available? Again, it would be very useful for the town as a whole if an enlarged stage was built at the Institute - with all the fittings etc, thus creating a theatre/concert hall for Ottery and district.
I shall watch with interest.
6 Pinefields Close
- 1 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 2 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 3 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 4 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 5 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 6 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 7 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 8 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 9 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
Ottery St Mary