Get something out of Tesco developers
MADAM - With regard to the application by Tesco to open a store in Ottery St Mary. Obviously, there are both positive and negative aspects.
MADAM - With regard to the application by Tesco to open a store in Ottery St Mary.
Obviously, there are both positive and negative aspects. Assuming that planning permission is granted, should the community and planners try to "accentuate the positive" and obtain some long-term benefit?
For example, planning consent could include converting part of the Town Mill to a new public library. This is planned, I understand, but when and from where will the money be available? Again, it would be very useful for the town as a whole if an enlarged stage was built at the Institute - with all the fittings etc, thus creating a theatre/concert hall for Ottery and district.
I shall watch with interest.
You may also want to watch:
6 Pinefields Close
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 5 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 8 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 9 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 10 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
Ottery St Mary