Get something out of Tesco developers
MADAM - With regard to the application by Tesco to open a store in Ottery St Mary. Obviously, there are both positive and negative aspects.
MADAM - With regard to the application by Tesco to open a store in Ottery St Mary.
Obviously, there are both positive and negative aspects. Assuming that planning permission is granted, should the community and planners try to "accentuate the positive" and obtain some long-term benefit?
For example, planning consent could include converting part of the Town Mill to a new public library. This is planned, I understand, but when and from where will the money be available? Again, it would be very useful for the town as a whole if an enlarged stage was built at the Institute - with all the fittings etc, thus creating a theatre/concert hall for Ottery and district.
I shall watch with interest.
You may also want to watch:
6 Pinefields Close
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Ottery St Mary