Give more time for road users to cross
Sir – It is about time something was done to increase the amount of crossing time [at the Sidford traffic lights] so that cyclists and other traffic can cross safely without being pressured to go like the clappers and trust you don t meet some idiot jumping the lights
Sir - It is about time something was done to increase the amount of crossing time [at the Sidford traffic lights] so that cyclists and other traffic can cross safely without being pressured to go like the clappers and trust you don't meet some idiot jumping the lights.
(Six seconds to cross this road, Herald, April 18)
No-one, surely, can safely cross this busy intersection in such a short space of time - it's ludicrous.
As for the statement "no accidents have been recorded due to light jumping...." How stupid is that? I presume that, when someone has lost their life and can be recorded as a "statistic", something might be done. Whatever happened to prevention of accidents?
I only hope something will be done very shortly to alleviate any accidents that may happen; as I assure you, it will happen - it's just a matter of time.
- 1 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 4 Amateur dramatic society present 'tried and tested' comedy
- 5 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 6 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 7 'If I were a tree' - children's writing competition invites entries
- 8 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest
- 9 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
- 10 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'