Give more time for road users to cross
Sir – It is about time something was done to increase the amount of crossing time [at the Sidford traffic lights] so that cyclists and other traffic can cross safely without being pressured to go like the clappers and trust you don t meet some idiot jumping the lights
Sir - It is about time something was done to increase the amount of crossing time [at the Sidford traffic lights] so that cyclists and other traffic can cross safely without being pressured to go like the clappers and trust you don't meet some idiot jumping the lights.
(Six seconds to cross this road, Herald, April 18)
No-one, surely, can safely cross this busy intersection in such a short space of time - it's ludicrous.
As for the statement "no accidents have been recorded due to light jumping...." How stupid is that? I presume that, when someone has lost their life and can be recorded as a "statistic", something might be done. Whatever happened to prevention of accidents?
You may also want to watch:
I only hope something will be done very shortly to alleviate any accidents that may happen; as I assure you, it will happen - it's just a matter of time.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government