Give more time for road users to cross
Sir – It is about time something was done to increase the amount of crossing time [at the Sidford traffic lights] so that cyclists and other traffic can cross safely without being pressured to go like the clappers and trust you don t meet some idiot jumping the lights
Sir - It is about time something was done to increase the amount of crossing time [at the Sidford traffic lights] so that cyclists and other traffic can cross safely without being pressured to go like the clappers and trust you don't meet some idiot jumping the lights.
(Six seconds to cross this road, Herald, April 18)
No-one, surely, can safely cross this busy intersection in such a short space of time - it's ludicrous.
As for the statement "no accidents have been recorded due to light jumping...." How stupid is that? I presume that, when someone has lost their life and can be recorded as a "statistic", something might be done. Whatever happened to prevention of accidents?
You may also want to watch:
I only hope something will be done very shortly to alleviate any accidents that may happen; as I assure you, it will happen - it's just a matter of time.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday