Glad to be of help, Wally!
SIR - Once again, the Sidmouth Herald has ridden to the rescue of another charity “Help For Heroes”. In these doom-laden days, it’s nice to see some things that still work.
Your coverage of our plea for volunteers to carry a collecting tin resulted in eight stalwarts coming forward. So, once again, a really big thank you to you and your staff. We are in the town on October 2.
73 Winslade Road,
You may also want to watch:
PS: I still have collecting tins for “Help for Heroes”, if any shop, pub, hotel or anyone who has a counter wants one.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman