Good run spoiled
As a visitor to Sidmouth I was enjoying my Sunday morning run along the seafront and up the Byes.
I saw a gang of people planting bulbs adjacent to the cricket ground, fishermen helping the trout jump the weir and numerous kids playing hockey, football and rugby. Fantastic.
However, my run was disrupted by a pack of two/three dogs who attacked me in Margaret’s Meadow just before 11am.
Their owner could not control them and my passive response did help matters.
They were snapping around my ankles and would not be called off.
Eventually, the owner was able to put them on leads.
I had to alter my return journey to avoid this aggression - something I think I should not have to do.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Ukraine refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 3 Sidmouth’s first Jazz Festival hits the right note
- 4 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 5 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 8 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
Such a lovely run spoilt by an irresponsible owner. He should be ashamed of himself.