Good run spoiled
As a visitor to Sidmouth I was enjoying my Sunday morning run along the seafront and up the Byes.
I saw a gang of people planting bulbs adjacent to the cricket ground, fishermen helping the trout jump the weir and numerous kids playing hockey, football and rugby. Fantastic.
However, my run was disrupted by a pack of two/three dogs who attacked me in Margaret’s Meadow just before 11am.
Their owner could not control them and my passive response did help matters.
They were snapping around my ankles and would not be called off.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually, the owner was able to put them on leads.
I had to alter my return journey to avoid this aggression - something I think I should not have to do.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Such a lovely run spoilt by an irresponsible owner. He should be ashamed of himself.