Good run spoiled
As a visitor to Sidmouth I was enjoying my Sunday morning run along the seafront and up the Byes.
I saw a gang of people planting bulbs adjacent to the cricket ground, fishermen helping the trout jump the weir and numerous kids playing hockey, football and rugby. Fantastic.
However, my run was disrupted by a pack of two/three dogs who attacked me in Margaret’s Meadow just before 11am.
Their owner could not control them and my passive response did help matters.
They were snapping around my ankles and would not be called off.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually, the owner was able to put them on leads.
I had to alter my return journey to avoid this aggression - something I think I should not have to do.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Such a lovely run spoilt by an irresponsible owner. He should be ashamed of himself.