SIR - I had a road traffic accident on the morning of Wednesday, November 30 when I was on my way to Honiton on the A375.
While I was standing at the side of the carriageway, obviously visibly shaken and upset, many cars had a good look to see what had happened and carried on their journeys.
However, there was one very kind lady who pulled over in a green car and came over to see me to make sure that I was alright.
She gave me big hug and kept talking to me to reassure me that everything would be alright. I have no idea who this lovely lady was, but I would like to send out my heartfelt thanks to this lady as she is obviously a very caring person.
This has restored my faith somewhat in the general public and has taught me not to count everyone as the same.
Mrs R Shearer
11 Harcombe Fields, Sidford
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth