SIR - I had a road traffic accident on the morning of Wednesday, November 30 when I was on my way to Honiton on the A375.
While I was standing at the side of the carriageway, obviously visibly shaken and upset, many cars had a good look to see what had happened and carried on their journeys.
However, there was one very kind lady who pulled over in a green car and came over to see me to make sure that I was alright.
She gave me big hug and kept talking to me to reassure me that everything would be alright. I have no idea who this lovely lady was, but I would like to send out my heartfelt thanks to this lady as she is obviously a very caring person.
This has restored my faith somewhat in the general public and has taught me not to count everyone as the same.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs R Shearer
11 Harcombe Fields, Sidford
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 10 Council praised for prompt action as travellers move into rugby club