Grand Prix GP
There has been much in the news in recent weeks about the inadequacies of the NHS, particularly with patients having to wait a long time in getting an appointment to see their GP.
In over 30 years that I have been resident in Sidmouth, I have never experienced any difficulty. In fact, quite the reverse.
On one occasion my GP asked me to have a blood test. On the way out I called at reception and was given an appointment for that test, carried out a couple of hours later.
Then last Friday I requested an appointment to see my GP early next week, but was told he would be on holiday. Although it wasn’t a matter of urgency I was given an appointment to see another doctor that morning.
I am sure my experience with Sidmouth Health Centre is not unique, but replicated by very many local residents.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 7 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 10 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times