Grand Prix GP
There has been much in the news in recent weeks about the inadequacies of the NHS, particularly with patients having to wait a long time in getting an appointment to see their GP.
In over 30 years that I have been resident in Sidmouth, I have never experienced any difficulty. In fact, quite the reverse.
On one occasion my GP asked me to have a blood test. On the way out I called at reception and was given an appointment for that test, carried out a couple of hours later.
Then last Friday I requested an appointment to see my GP early next week, but was told he would be on holiday. Although it wasn’t a matter of urgency I was given an appointment to see another doctor that morning.
I am sure my experience with Sidmouth Health Centre is not unique, but replicated by very many local residents.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon