Grateful for help at car breakdown
MADAM – On Sunday (May 3) we had just taken our eldest daughter to Exeter Airport. We decided to take our youngest daughter (5 years) for an ice-cream in Sidmouth before the journey home to Yeovil.
MADAM - On Sunday (May 3) we had just taken our eldest daughter to Exeter Airport. We decided to take our youngest daughter (5 years) for an ice-cream in Sidmouth before the journey home to Yeovil. Five minutes into the journey our car broke down in a rather dangerous place. A family driving by stopped and pushed us UP the hill to a safer place whilst we waited for the AA to arrive (who fixed our problem).
About 20 minutes later the gentleman from that same family returned with ice-creams for us all after absorbing the reason why we were there in the first place. Our daughter was delighted she got her ice-cream - as we were too.
We did eventually get away after three hours and got home safely. We would like to express our thanks via this letter to the gentleman. What may have seemed like a small gesture to him was on a much broader scale to us. It really does restore your faith in human nature. We would like to thank the other vehicle that offered assistance too. We would be very grateful if you could print this letter by way of thanks to this very kind gentleman.
Mr and Mrs Beere
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites