Grazing the plot
Regarding the question of Pennington Point.
My mother was born at the Fortfield Terrace in 1900. She always referred to that end of Sidmouth front as Port Royal. She called the Triangle the Three-Cornered Plot and could remember sheep grazing there.
My brother and I still call that area of Sidmouth Port Royal, and talk of going out-beach – very much a Sidmouth term.
Florence Rowland (née Ash)
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National