Grazing the plot
Regarding the question of Pennington Point.
My mother was born at the Fortfield Terrace in 1900. She always referred to that end of Sidmouth front as Port Royal. She called the Triangle the Three-Cornered Plot and could remember sheep grazing there.
My brother and I still call that area of Sidmouth Port Royal, and talk of going out-beach – very much a Sidmouth term.
Florence Rowland (née Ash)
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award