May I just say how sorry I was to hear of the death of your “Leisure” correspondent, Roger Simmonds.
His enthusiastic support and encouragement to everyone involved in bringing entertainment to the East Devon area was unsurpassed.
He had his own unique style of writing, and when reading one of his critiques, you did not need to look at the byline, to know immediately who was the author.
A very quiet and unassuming man, he will be greatly missed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future