May I just say how sorry I was to hear of the death of your “Leisure” correspondent, Roger Simmonds.
His enthusiastic support and encouragement to everyone involved in bringing entertainment to the East Devon area was unsurpassed.
He had his own unique style of writing, and when reading one of his critiques, you did not need to look at the byline, to know immediately who was the author.
A very quiet and unassuming man, he will be greatly missed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary