May I just say how sorry I was to hear of the death of your “Leisure” correspondent, Roger Simmonds.
His enthusiastic support and encouragement to everyone involved in bringing entertainment to the East Devon area was unsurpassed.
He had his own unique style of writing, and when reading one of his critiques, you did not need to look at the byline, to know immediately who was the author.
A very quiet and unassuming man, he will be greatly missed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses