May I just say how sorry I was to hear of the death of your “Leisure” correspondent, Roger Simmonds.
His enthusiastic support and encouragement to everyone involved in bringing entertainment to the East Devon area was unsurpassed.
He had his own unique style of writing, and when reading one of his critiques, you did not need to look at the byline, to know immediately who was the author.
A very quiet and unassuming man, he will be greatly missed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring