Green field plea
SIR - So, 12 acres of green fields in the Sid Valley have been ‘secured’ for employment purposes, ie industrial/ business units.
The Alexandria Industrial Estate can decamp to Sidford/Sidbury and release the former for retail or housing purposes?
What’s wrong with Heathpark at the other end of the A375? If Honiton is good enough for East Devon District Council then, surely, others could find suitable accommodation there too.
The 12 acres is within the Area of Outstanding Beauty. Does that count for nothing?
As Martin Hesp (Western Morning News) wrote recently, “Profit-obsessed companies, developers and their clever consultants should not be allowed to trounce our green and pleasant land thanks to a (national) policy of deliberate vagueness.”
You may also want to watch:
J S McGregor
Sid Vale Close, Sidford
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy