Green field plea
SIR - So, 12 acres of green fields in the Sid Valley have been ‘secured’ for employment purposes, ie industrial/ business units.
The Alexandria Industrial Estate can decamp to Sidford/Sidbury and release the former for retail or housing purposes?
What’s wrong with Heathpark at the other end of the A375? If Honiton is good enough for East Devon District Council then, surely, others could find suitable accommodation there too.
The 12 acres is within the Area of Outstanding Beauty. Does that count for nothing?
As Martin Hesp (Western Morning News) wrote recently, “Profit-obsessed companies, developers and their clever consultants should not be allowed to trounce our green and pleasant land thanks to a (national) policy of deliberate vagueness.”
You may also want to watch:
J S McGregor
Sid Vale Close, Sidford
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action