SIR - I would like to thank everyone in Sidmouth Rural ward who voted for me on May 5.
The Green Party fielded more candidates than ever before in East Devon and saw a strong surge in support - particularly in our target ward of Honiton St Michael’s, where Sharon Pavey came second to the Conservatives, beating all the other parties.
The results showed that our determination to defend public services and protect our precious landscape chimed with many local people.
They also mirror the national growth in support for the Green Party as a credible political alternative to the tired policies of the main parties: one which puts social, economic and environmental justice above ever-increasing corporate profit.
Sharon L Howe
You may also want to watch:
East Devon Green Party
Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98