SIR - I would like to thank everyone in Sidmouth Rural ward who voted for me on May 5.
The Green Party fielded more candidates than ever before in East Devon and saw a strong surge in support - particularly in our target ward of Honiton St Michael’s, where Sharon Pavey came second to the Conservatives, beating all the other parties.
The results showed that our determination to defend public services and protect our precious landscape chimed with many local people.
They also mirror the national growth in support for the Green Party as a credible political alternative to the tired policies of the main parties: one which puts social, economic and environmental justice above ever-increasing corporate profit.
Sharon L Howe
You may also want to watch:
East Devon Green Party
Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Wheels fall off for Tipton
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer